Are you nervous about asking for a raise even though you are pretty sure you are underpaid? Are you unsure how much you are worth to your employer? Have you been declined for a raise in the past?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, the archtoolbox.com Workbook for Negotiating a Salary Increase is for you.
What You Will Learn
The main outcome of this book is to move you from fear of asking for a raise toward confidently asking for a raise. To that end, you will:
- Gather facts to fully understand your value — take a hard look at what you bring to the table
- Learn how firms handle salaries so you understand their position — they usually want to give you a raise, but sometimes they can't
- Perform market research to establish your market rate and target salary — exactly where to get current salary info for architects
- Schedule a discussion with the right people at the right time — timing is everything
- Develop a plan for making "the ask" so you feel confident and comfortable
- Prepare for next year since there is more to getting a raise than simply asking for one today — salary increases compound so don't spend years stuck with a mediocre salary
Pays for Itself
After reading the book and doing the exercises, you will have the confidence and supporting data to ask for, and receive, a raise. That raise will easily pay for this book many times over. The book will continue to pay you over and over since you will want to return to it each year to validate your current situation and make sure you are paid fairly for the value you bring to your firm. The included salary tracking spreadsheets will help you monitor your growth over time.
What if I Don't Get a Raise?
Unfortunately, raises aren't guaranteed even if you have all the confidence and data in the world. Sometimes the firm's situation just doesn't allow for raises in a particular year (we cover that!). However, the book will get you ready for when your firm's performance improves. There is also information about what to do if you discover you are underpaid and have been declined multiple times.
- Interactive PDF with more than 15 exercises and worksheets to prepare you for asking for a raise
- 30 pages of confidence-boosting content
- More than 10,000 words of important real-world advice gained from 15 years in the architecture profession
- Market Research and Salary History worksheets in excel format in case you want to track those separately from the workbook
- Instant download so you can get started right away
If you would like to see the table of contents, list of exercises and worksheets, and the introduction please download the free sample now.
We fully guarantee your satisfaction with this unique guide to ask for (and get) a raise. In fact, this book will pay for itself many times over if you only learn one small tactic that helps you increase your salary.
However, if you unhappy with the product just send an email or respond to your purchase confirmation email within 30 days and we'll promptly refund your money. There is no risk to you — there is only the opportunity to make more money.